I really like basic clothing right now so this video just makes sense ok….
What A Slack(s)-er
The art of fashion-ing in your mom’s work attire.
Embracing the look of trousers can be tricky, but with the right fit and styling they can become an essential part of your wardrobe.
Step #1: Become a pledged member of the “Saggy Ass Sad Girls” club (yes, I just chartered it)
Don’t fight it. Own that no-butt silhouette by tucking in your top or adding a belt.
Step #2: Become a Twin Peaks cast member
Trousers are synonymous with school board/PTA meetings, so try pairing yours with a mock neck knit top and a coat. Finish off the look with a classic leather tote.
Step #3: Grab some shoes from the “Jim Morrison” section of your thrift store
Between the tap and golf shoes.
Simple quick fix video on cropping your sweaters at the perfect length~
Marled & Composition Print
Summer is over which means it’s time to revert to a grey scale wardrobe. Add texture to your oufits with marled and composition print items that blend black, white and grey (my three favorite “colors”).
1. Marled Cap ($32) - Channel the sportswear trend throughout fall with this versatile cap. The muted colors make it fall appropriate paired with a vintage varsity jacket for that “I don’t actually play sports but I want to look athletic” vibe.
2. Marled Socks ($14) - People can hate on you for sporting the oh-so controversial socks with sandals trend, but honestly if you’ve paid $80 for Birkenstocks this summer, THEY BETTER BE IN YOUR FALL CLOTHING CYCLE.
3. Marled Beanie ($22)- A classic pom-pom beanie is an essential for lazy days.
4. Composition Notebook ($1) - I used to react in general disgust whenever my primary school teachers listed composition notebooks on their school supplies lists; though recently I’ve grown to love the marbled cover and the stitched-in pages.
5. Composition Socks ($14) - If matching your socks with your notebooks doesn’t make you cool, I don’t know what will.
6. Diana Lomography Camera ($44) - Lomography cameras are made for taking random, spur of the moment shots. Grab one to take some unique photos with super funky lighting.
We have a new video up! + We’re doing a Q&A video soon so leave some questions in our ask~
We bought some really cheap shizzzzzzzzzzzzz~
Inspired the super sick (but expensive) UNIF versions~
1. Set Sail - Newborn
We first found out about the band Set Sail in middle school after listening to a Hollister playlist. I’ve always associated the band with catchy,summer (and semi-cliche) tunes but after listening to Newborn I remembered why my Hollister-wearing middle school self loved their songs so much.
2. Allah-las - Sandy
Some straight-up, good rock music.
3. The Black Keys - The Only One
The Black Keys will always wedge their way into one of our playlists one way or another. Their Brothers album has been a long time favorite, but this track sticks out with its softer, toned down vocals.
4. Novo Amor - From Gold (Nebbra Remix)
Novo Amor has been a music favorite on its own this week, but this Nebbra Remix with the INSANE beat drop and transition is perfect for fans of Cashmere Cat and the like.
5. ODESZA - Memories That Call You (ft. MonsoonSiren)
For fans of EBY, Bo-en, Ta-ku.
6. Porter Robinson - Divinity
This song is 6-minutes of catchy beats and crooning vocals.
7. Kid Astray - No Easy Way Out
Gotta love that classic, catchy indie-pop anthem.
8. Blood Cultures - Mercury Child
For fans of MGMT & Youth Lagoon.
9. Bass Drum of Death - Crawling After You
For fans of the Orwells, SKATERS, and WAVVES
10. Cocaine Panda - Grizzly
This track ends the playlist with a hilarious intro and smooth transition. BEATS. BEATS. BEATS.