Some super motivational (semi-communistic) quotes on a pantone-inspired background.
All my favorite films and artists for this month! Feel free to drop us suggestions for what we should listen to/watch next!
1. TV Girls - Birds Don’t Sing
The electro-pop tune combined with low-fi, beachy vocals makes this song the best of both worlds. Officially declaring this my “Summer Anthem.”
2. Theme Park - Two Hours (RAC mix)
A dance pop, feel good song for fans of Walk The Moon.
3. Mac DeMarco - Passing Out The Pieces
Same Mac, new tune. Salad Days is a definite hit.
4. Portugal.The Man - Sleep Forever
This song resonates well with fellow procrastinators. For fans of MGMT.
5. Christopher Owens - Nothing More Than Everything To Me
Another song jammed with all of the cute lyrics you could possibly think of.
6. Swim Deep - Beach Justice
For fans of Beach Fossils, The Drums, or The Ramones.
7. Peace - Float Forever
A song for the heartbroken and lost; or fans of the Submarine soundtrack by Alex Turner.
8. Bearcubs - Let Go
For my fellow Soundcloud users and fans of beat-sy/electronic groups like Happy Hands Club.
9. Vampire Weekend - Mansard Rood
Bringing back this “classic.” Dance the summer away to Ezra’s pleasantly awkward vocals.
10. Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
Bringing back this actual classic. I’ve been playing this song on repeat as a result of watching Woodstock set recordings on YouTube.
I literally don’t know what I was thinking when I was typing up that title while editing (it should be 8/5 not 3/5). Putting my less than mindful editing aside, here’s a video featuring everything we got from our latest thrifting endeavors.
"Hello MTV; welcome to my crib!" I’ve been on a room decor kick recently so I thought I’d share some tips and tricks to possibly inspire my fellow HGTV addicts.
1. Mirrors - Mirrors are not only extremely functional, but they are also great wall decor pieces. Play with different shapes and sizes to create a unique wall piece. The different proportions add an interesting aspect to any space.
2. Washi Tape - Washi tape comes in all kinds of cute patterns, and is really easy to peel off, making it great for hanging up and rearranging posters.
3. Potted Plant - Plants add a sleek look to any room, and are a great way to add a little bit of color without making a huge statement. They’re a classic piece, yet they give any space a modern look.
4. Wire Basket- Put your vinyls, or any other oddities that you want to show off on display with a wire basket.
5. The Chair - Seating is essential for the sedentary life of a blogger.
6. The Great Wave Wall Art- Put up some wall art of your favorite works for some daily inspiration and happiness.
Ohhhhh snapppp. We’re already WELL into summer. I guess it’s time to throw on all your trendy sportswear pieces while it lasts…
Treat Yo’ Self Tuesdays
Retail therapy is always justified.
1. The Bucket Hat- After discovering a secret elite force of male fashion bloggers on YouTube, I’ve been really inspired by menswear. Bucket hats have been popular for a while, but I finally hopped on the band wagon after spotting this glorious, botanical printed one from 10 Deep. The more dome-ish structure makes it super flattering for females, such as myself, as opposed to the flat top and wide brimmed options.
2. The Lip Butter- I’m a proud owner of two Korres lip butters already, but you can never have too many. Although they’re a little pricier than a drug store lip tint, the formula is amazing. They last forever, and the amount of color pay off is a great in-between.
3. The Hand Creme- I’ve been lusting over the aluminum tube hand cremes from Aesop, but couldn’t bring myself to even consider a 2.7 oz. container of goo for $27. So, I opted for this more “broke teenager budget” friendly hand creme from Dr.Hunters. And, the packaging is just as cute.
4. The Frames- Let’s just put it out there that American Apparel does the coolest frames. From clear and cat eye to tortoise shell and round, they’ve got every shade and shape you could ask for. The clear lenses can be replaced with prescribed ones, making them both fashionable and functional.
5. The Baseball Jersey- This plain black jersey also from American Apparel does the “Sportswear Chic” trend justice. With the full button down front, this piece proves to be extremely versatile; it can be used as a cardigan or normal top.
Random, extra footage of the past two days. WATCH OUR BORING LIVES!
A bunch of goodies we’ve picked up over the last month or so!