How To Be: Judy Shepard from Jumanji
The probable reason for the decline of board game sales, and for my forever scarred childhood.
1. The Flannel- Flannels are basically a prerequisite for any character from a 90’s film. This fuzzy one from Uniqulo proves to be the perfect layering piece when fighting off jumbo-sized wasps.
2. The Top- Judy has one outfit throughout the whole movie, and it’s perfectly mismatched. The grunge-y flannel balances out the feminine floral tee she has on underneath her overalls.
3. The Overalls- How much more “90’s” could this outfit get? These shortalls are not quite the full blown overalls Judy has on in the film, but they help modernize the look by avoiding the crazy combination of tartan, floral, and tons of denim.
4. The Shoes- Needa avoid getting smothered by a stampede of African mammals? These worn out “leather” Docs are perfect for that, and various other tasks that need to be performed when playing a haunting, and slightly demonic board game.
5. The Backpack- IF ONLY JUDY HAD A BACKPACK. This knapsack gives off an adventurous and safari-esque look and is perfect for avoiding the unnecessary stress that comes with constantly losing your evil and very destructive board game.
Shop TheStyleCult: Fall/Winter 2013 Lookbook
New vintage pieces and tees up on the store! Check it out!
Shop here: http://thestylecult.storenvy.com/
Discount code: CYBER13 (enter at checkout for 10%, excludes vintage collection)
F/W 2013 Launch video: http://youtu.be/2AKYPaIx4RI
Stay tuned for our jewelry collection launch coming soon!
xx The Style Cult
I decided to play around with editing and stufff SO HERE IT IS : A strangely edited outfit of the day video.
Straight up bad ass-ery…
1. Sex Pistols - Anarchy In the UK
2. The Black Keys - Sinister Kid
3. Franz Ferdinand - Evil Eye
4. The Cramps - Garbage Man
5. Best Coast - How They Want Me To Be
6. Jive Bombers - Bad Boy
ITS STILL FALL! Which means we still have excuses to wear over-sized sweaters and drink excessive amounts of chai tea. Time to wait for December…. (cue Vampire Weekend - Horchata)
DIY: Chalkboard Frame
A simple and quick way to jazz up your bedroom or study.
Chalkboards may be slightly un-functional nowadays, but they’re a great decor piece for any room. Repeat the process on other frames to create some cool wall art, or use a single blackboard to scribble down all your reminders!
Our current favorite accessories and how we style them.
DIY: Male Tears Sharpie Mug
The next best drink after green tea and pumpkin spice lattes…
Here’s a quick D.I.Y on the perfect gift for a feminist, which by the way, should be anyone who came out of a vagina. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy!