A bunch of goodies we’ve picked up over the last month or so!
Another eclectic mix of songs I’ve been jamming out to recently. It’s been a gloomy summer our here in California, much like the picture above; but hopefully this playlist brightens up your day.
Style Muse: Pulp Fiction
"I said God damn. God damn."
1. The Coat - Nothing like a bad ass blazer to commit crimes in. It’s very important to “dress for success”, or in this case dress for savage murder and heavy gunfire.
2. The Top - This crisp, collared blouse is perfect for a night out at a 50’s diner. Proves durable for even the most awkward swing dance numbers.
3. The Jeans - These black jeans seem way more practical for arduous tasks such as hiding dead bodies and running away from mob bosses than black slacks.
4. The Shoes - These sleek flats are on point (see what I did there?). They perfectly compliment the rest of this classic ensemble.
5. The Bag - The perfect size for all of your essentials; including that “nose powder”.
6. The Accessories- Can’t go wrong with a signature Mia Wallace red lip. Finish off the look with a totally unsentimental watch that has not made contact with any butt cracks, a replica of Jules’ wallet, a pony tail cuff for your Vincent Vega-esque hairdo, and some rings featuring a variation of carcasses of things you might kill whilst in a Quentin Tarantino film . Now you’re officially a gangster’s wife/hit man/boxer/diner robber hybrid.
Dropped by downtown to grab a bite and shop at MUJI.
Just dropped our new collection online here AND a super awesome video documenting the creation of it linked above! Check it out and let us know what you think. Hope everyone is having a dandy day so far!
Music Mondays: Disgraceland Review
The completely unauthorized yet honest opinions of a teenage music junkie.
I first discovered The Orwells while listening to one of their more popular tracks included on this album, “Who Needs You?”, which consists of slightly anarchic lyrics screamed melodically to intense guitar riffs. But before you dismiss The Orwells as another one of those “angsty, all american” garage rock bands, check out tracks like “Blood Bubbles” and “Bathroom Tile Blues” which display the group’s versatility and ability to compose more “refined” lyrics. This ability to adapt to different variations of rock, showcases their maturity as professional musicians despite their extremely young age (still older than my fetus-y self). I’d recommend this band to all rock fans (synonymous to everybody); especially fans of The Strokes, The Skaters, and even Mac Demarco. So, treat yourself to some rad new tunes and we can mope about American suburbia together.
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 Apathetic Teenagers
Hope you guys enjoyed this month as much as I did! Don’t forget to shop the sale here: http://thestylecult.storenvy.com/
Get 10% off all store merchandise! Check out our new velvet halters while you’re at it.
Yay a new video! Plus, I worked pretty hard on that intro so it’d be nice if you guys could drop by and watch it. I hope everyone is having a nice day!
Sports Wear Revamp
Faking athleticism part two. The return of the trend that dominated last summer.
1. Striped Tee- This shirt isn’t necessarily a sports wear item, but striped shirts are a great basic for pairing with all your sporty pieces. (Sheinside,$14.33)
2.Tennis Skirt- Don’t be fooled, no actual tennis game should be played in this skirt. The classic pleats and design make this skirt easy to style, while the white color adds a fresh new look for this summer season. (American Apparel, $54)
3. Sneakers - Quotes should be put around the run in “Roshe Run,” because these shoes are too beautiful to do any actual athletic activity in. Who said sneakers couldn’t be both comfortable and fashionable?
4. Sliders - Minimalistic slide sandals featuring a metallic logo for all your lazy day needs. The only time when socks and sandals are slightly socially acceptable. (Footlocker, $20)
5. Platform Sandals- Continuing with that minimalistic trend, these platform sandals would look great paired with a tennis skirt, and feature a foot bed so you don’t have to sacrifice comfort. (Windsor Smith, $129.95)
6. Green Tea Kit Kat- Why actually go running/do any other athletic activity when you can just fake it and munch on these green tea flavored treats?